Friday 17 November 2023

L&T Blog T2 Week 3: Boys Perceptions of Andrew Tate

 Dear WA,

I hope everyone is well! This week I was interested to read some recent survey research conducted by YouGov on boys’ views about Andrew Tate. This is something that I know many people have raised concerns about, and led to some of our YCs taking on some training last year and then disseminating this to all staff.

Objectives: To understand the current landscape of boys’ views about Andrew Tate.

Summary: 

The headline findings are that 1 in 6 boys between the ages of 6-15 have a positive view of Andrew Tate, but that twice as many in the same age group have a negative view.
The study suggests that boys believe that Tate’s views on women are less appealing than his views on work, success and masculinity.

How does this impact me and my practice?: Some reflections arising from this that might be helpful to consider are: 
  • What have I noticed about the views of Andrew Tate amongst my students recently?

  • What concerns me?

  • What sorts of strategies are helpful in working with our boys about this? 

  • To what extent does our Personal Development/RSHE curriculum help to re-shape these views?

  • What further support do I need?



Please do get in touch if you would like to talk further about this - I’d love to hear from you!

Thanks, Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment